The vision of the Marriage Ministry is to see marriages grow and mature in their relationship with Christ and each other by applying a biblical understanding of the precepts of marriage so that God will be glorified in our marriages. To support Christian marriages as an institution and equip couples to understand God’s sovereign plan for marriage.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Promote God’s plan for Christian marriage
- To help maintain a Christ-centered home
- Build, strengthen, and enrich marriages through biblical teaching and personal testimony
- Equip couples with skills to develop a relationship built on trust, open communication, spiritual oneness, conflict resolution, and structured prayer life
- To increase romance according to God's principles
- Share and fellowship with other Christian couples through social activities, prayer, mentoring, workshops, retreats, and having fun together in a way that honors God
- Provide oversight and expertise regarding marriage, family relationships, parenting, and other pertinent subjects related to the family
Marriage Ministry Leaders: Shun and Bridgett Alexander
On February 9, 2024, we had a fun-filled kickoff for the new ministry! The married couples fellowshipped and dined together. They enjoyed activities including learning about interesting couples in the bible. Our own take on "The Newlywed Game" enlightened us on how well the couples know each other. A lot of laughs were had and we confirmed that all of the husbands arrived home safely that night.